Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Recap

Happy New Year! Wow, what an eventful 2012 the Montgomery family had. Looking back, we did ALOT this past year, and it all began one year ago on this day that we found out little Mr. Preston was gong to join our family. Unexpected and much to our surprise, but he is such a joy and we couldn't be happier that things worked out the way they did. As if adding one to our family wasn't enough excitement for a year, we also decided to sell our house and move- all in hopes before baby boy got here. But, things didn't go as planned, so we moved out of our house the week Preston was born (in August) and lived with my parents in Illinois for a month (end of Sept) until we closed on our new house in Evansville  Looking back, we were crazy. But, we survived and are so happy in our new home and new community. It was all worth it in the end. I also went from working full time to being a stay at home mom, a change I welcomed. I have had such a blast with these two kiddos the past 4 months, and I can't figure out how I used to get everything done when I did work full time with Reese. I am lucky enough that Kyle's job allows me to stay at home, and to that we are both very grateful.
Our hopes for 2013 include continued good health for our family, hopes that we can figure out if Preston really IS sensitive to dairy (which we should be talking more about tomorrow at his 4 mo appt), and enjoying watching Reese and Preston grow up. Everyday bring something new with these two, and they are so much fun.
We rang in the New Year last night by going out for dinner as a family, and by me going to be by 9:30 :) Kyle made it to midnight- but he wasn't the one waking up with a baby all night long ;)


*On a side note, we took the plunge and turned Reese's crib into a toddler bed yesterday. She wasn't sure at first what to think of it, but slept fine last night and adjusted very well!!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment