Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sweet Potato Pie

Preston got his first taste of "real" good last week, and he is doing pretty well with "solids." He first facial expressions when we tried them were to die for, but now he opens his mouth for the spoon, and seems to take them quite well. Reese never liked sweet potatoes,squash or prunes, so I wanted to try those first with Preston to see if he would be the same :) Nope, he devoured the sweet potatoes. He just loves them. I then tried pears with him, and he was not so sure. I think they might have been a bit to sweet, and he just wasn't expecting that flavor after having sweet potatoes. Then onto prunes, which he also loves. I have yet to try squash since it is a Stage 2 food (kids older than 6 mo). With Reese I tried making her own baby food, stocking the freezer full of goodies I had gotten at the farmers market during the summer (squash, peaches, green beans) and she didn't like ANYTHING I made. She preferred the organic baby food over my homemade delicacies, I think due to the texture. I don't have a real food processor, so I had to use my blender for everything, making it a bit more thick and chunky...probably not as easy to eat. Now with two, I don't even have time to make my own food (leaving me feeling a bit guilty about it since I am a "stay at home mom") but there just is literally not enough hours in the day. So, I figure as long as I stick to the organic baby food, we are still doing ok. It is a little more expensive, but to me, it's worth it. All natural ingredients are worth paying the extra price for over the processed stuff. A few of my favorite brands are Ella's KitchenPlum Baby, and Earth's Best.
We head back to the doctor AGAIN today. Preston is just having a really tough time lately. Waking every 2 hours crying and having a hard time getting him back to sleep. He is also spitting up still quite a bit, and very gassy. If I miss one dose of his Zantac (for heartburn) he is very crabby and spits up constantly. After 5 months of not getting much sleep, I am ready to get this figured out. I am DEMANDING that we get a referral to the GI doctor today, in hopes to get some of these issues solved. Sleep deprivation is really starting to take it's toll on me. I am grumpy, tired, and have little patience throughout the day, and it's just not fair to Reese or Preston (or Kyle!) It's just not fun to "wake up" in the morning, feeling MORE exhausted than when you went to bed. Babies that are Preston's age should be able to sleep 6-8 hours straight, feed once at night, and then sleep another 3-4 hours. Granted, he does only eat once at night (around 1 a.m.), I am still waking every 2 hours to help him get comfortable to fall back asleep. So, hopefully we get some answers, I'll keep you updated!
In terms of the big move, we are still in talks with the re location company to get a time set up to go visit and look at houses. There is a TON of paperwork that has to be done (regarding our house, and policies and procedures for the whole process.) Kyle's last day at his current job is tomorrow, giving him almost a whole month off before he starts in Indy. I'm sure our days will be filled getting everything ready to go, and hopefully we can do some fun things in Madison (i.e. Children's Museum, State Street, etc.) since we will miss it when we leave!

** I have had a couple people tell me that they are not receiving email updates anymore, but when they go to sign up again, it says they are already subscribed. I'm trying to figure out why, but for now, you'll just have to check back manually**

No comments:

Post a Comment