Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Crackity Crack

With feeling as though I have exhausted all options to try to help Preston, and feeling quite defeated, my wonderful sister sent me an email yesterday about babies going to a chiropractor. I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before, as my parents took me to one as a baby. So, first thing this morning I set up an appointment. I was in desperate need of an adjustment too, so both Preston and I were seen by the doctor. With a few adjustments in his neck and back, we are going back Friday for a re check and hopefully this will provide him some relief. After talking with another mom about her baby's reflux, she said she was giving him Zantac and that seemed to help. I tried it when Preston was 2 months old, and really didn't see any improvement. But, with his lack of sleep lately, I am willing to try anything. So a few days ago I started giving it to him again, and he is spitting up much less than usual. He still burps quite a bit, but he is not spitting up nearly as much as he was. So, I hope the combination of a dairy free diet, Zantac (for reflux and heartburn), and seeing a chiropractor is the magic formula. He is still waking every 2 hours (literally on the dot) and has a hard time getting back to sleep, so hopefully getting adjusted will help him sleep more comfortably.

Kyle left today for a work trip in Atlanta until Friday, so I won't have any extra helping hands. I may be in serious need of a huge glass of wine Friday night when he returns! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment