Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's all about the rice

I decided to start rice cereal with Preston this past week (mainly in a last ditch effort to get this child to sleep!) I was hoping it would fill him up a bit more, and he would sleep longer through the night. Well, that wasn't really accomplished, BUT he did love it! I waited until 5 1/2 mo to start with Reese, and with Preston being only 4 1/2 (well, almost 5 mo) I wasn't quite sure it was going to go so well, but I thought it was worth a shot. On Thursday I tried it with him before his night bottle, and he LOVED it. He giggled through the entire feeding, and ate the whole thing. I was afraid he was just going to push it out with his tongue, but that was not the case. So, he has been having it for breakfast and dinner (along with his regular feedings.) He seems to take it just fine, so I am glad I started.

We didn't have much on tap this weekend. We had some friends over for dinner Friday night, and Reese had a blast playing with their daughter, Elanor (almost 2). Yesterday, we didn't leave the house :) It was a day of relaxation, which was quiet nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment