Saturday, May 1, 2010

Baby Girl's Room

The paint is finished and the crib is set up! My dad came up a couple of days this past week to paint baby girl's room, and it looks fantastic! I will post pictures later this week, but it looks just like I imagined. He came up today to take the tape off the woodwork, and touch up some spots, and then we got to setting up the crib. Once the crib was all set up, we also moved the dresser into the room. Now it is starting to look like baby room. Kyle probably thinks I am crazy because he opened one of the dresser drawers, only to find out that there were multiple pairs of her socks in it :) He may call it crazy, but I call it nesting. Walking by her room and looking at all of her things set up makes me want her to come a little sooner :) The last thing to add to the room is a rocker/glider and a changing table (which Kyle's dad is so graciously making for us).

The baby budget is in full gear in the Montgomery household. I have been busy clipping coupons and trying to buy diapers here and there so we don't have to buy them all at once come August. I have also been checking sales weekly to stock up on wipes, etc. I can't imagine the cost of having two children in diapers, maybe I should just ask my sister!

The rest of this weekend is going to be full of yard work, house cleaning, and relaxation. We have every weekend this May booked up with my cousin's bridal shower, another cousin's wedding, a bachelor/bachelorette party, and Aubrey's baptism. We are taking full advantage of having no concrete plans this weekend and getting things done around the house. Hope everyone has a great May Day and Happy Birthday to my Brother-in-Law Kyle today!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the room and crib/dresser! Aidan asked where Poppa was this week, and I told him he was "at Kali's house painting the baby's room." Every day after that he would tell me "Poppa at Kali's house, painting baby's room." It was SO cute!

    ReplyDelete