Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pain in the Butt...

Literally....

I had my 30 week appointment today and talked with my doctor about the back and rib pain I have been having for the past 3 weeks. Every time I sit or lie down, a sharp pain is a constant in my back, and two weeks ago it moved to the right side of my ribs. They are constantly sore and very uncomfortable. At my appointment 2 weeks ago, she suggested trying the chiropractor. So, after 5 visits with my chiropractor, nothing had changed.
Today at my appointment, my doctor said she would feel around and see if she could figure something else out. Sure enough, the baby's butt is wedged right up there underneath my right side of my ribs, making it very uncomfortable for mommy! Thus, causing the pressure in my right/mid back and my right side of my ribs. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do. We can hope the baby moves her bottom over to the left a little, but there is no saying whether that will happen or not. She suggested doing some massages and maybe setting up some Physical Therapy appointments for my back, where they will do stretching and massage. Otherwise, it might be a long 10 weeks to go...

Everything else looked great at the appointment though. My blood sugar is great, so no gestational diabetes, yet anyways. They will still check my urine at each appointment from here on out. Her heart rate was 140's, as usual. Baby girl is doing great, except for the fact that she is already wishing she had some more room in there to stretch out. Little does she know, she is only going to get more and more cramped...hopefully she moves her little booty over though so I can have some relief!!

2 comments:

  1. I suppose you've tried jumping up and down on your left foot, leaning to the side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 35.5 weeks and have had the exact same thing since 28 weeks. I didn't do the physical therapy (no ins coverage) so I've been suffering through it. Just spend as much relax time as possible and really work on your posture. It has helped me a bunch. I also sit on my birthing ball when watching TV, etc because it forces you to use better posture. I think it gives my little guy some more room to stretch if I elongate my torso. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete