Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekend Update

We had a great weekend, wrapping it up with lots of football watching today! Yesterday Kyle watched the kids all morning so I could get a massage (a gift he got me for Mothers Day) and do a little shopping. It was a nice little break and I had a wonderful, silent morning :) I didn't even turn the radio on when I was driving to Madison, pure silence was heavenly. Then, I was lucky enough for him to watch the kids alone again last night so I could go out with some girlfriends. Overall, it was a great Saturday (for me atleast!) :)

Painting the house is coming to a close, something I'm sure my Dad is happy about since he has been working on it since the end of September. We have two small walls left in the entry way to get the second coat tomorrow, and that's it! The living room wall turned out fantastic, even though it was a challenge to paint. We have a huge vaulted ceiling and we had to also paint over a stairwell (to the basement). Good thing we saved the hardest for last. I will post pictures soon, as it turned out very nice.

Preston has slept much better this weekend. He took all his day naps in his crib, ranging anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour and 20  minutes. He is also going to sleep much easier. I am only having to rock him for less than 5 minutes and he is fast asleep, also allowing me to transfer him to his crib without waking up. Hopefully this continues!! Night sleep is continuing to go well too, as he goes to be at 9, wakes up around 1:30, 5:30, and then is up for the day around 8. Last night after the 1:30 feeding I even got him to sleep in his crib for an hour and a half until I had to go in and put him back in the swing. Baby steps!

Reese is really starting to develop quite the funny personality. She says the darndest things, making us laugh multiple times a day. I would have to say that this is by far my favorite age. She is a little sponge, and she is so intuitive about everything go on around her. I just can't get over how well she talks and how big her vocabulary is. Amazes me how fast she is growing up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment