Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sleep Tight

Alright, I have done it. I have jumped full fledged on to the sleep training band wagon. After Preston woke up every hour 1/2 last night (in the swing) I decided  that's enough! Time to get used to the crib full time. So, with a knot in my stomach, I laid him down (drowsy but not asleep) at 9:45 this morning (usual nap time), and prepped myself for the worst. I turned the monitor on, and occupied myself with Reese and an art project. 5 or so minutes went by of him talking and cooing, and then the anger set in :) I followed the sleep training books (go in and soothe after 3 minutes, then again in 5 minute intervals). I went in after 3, and he was super mad. Then again after 5, and once again after 5 more. 15 minutes in and he fell asleep. Not so bad (even though they felt like the longest 15 minutes of my life!) He slept for 35 minutes (again, not so bad). I again feared the afternoon nap (around 12:30) and rocked him a bit until he was drowsy, laid him down, and this time I only went in twice (once at 3 minutes, then after 5 more) and he fell asleep within 10-11 minutes this time. He gave me a 20 minute nap-but was not ready to get up. So I soothed him and he went back to sleep for 30 more. I hope his evening nap goes as well, and I am praying the night goes smoothly. I figure it can't be much worse than being up every hour and a half like last night (well it could, but I'm trying to be positive!) :) He is usually giving me 4 hour stretches at night (in the swing), so I hope he can do it in his crib too.

We had a very busy, fun Thanksgiving weekend. Thursday we headed down to Kyle's grandma's house for the annual Turkey Day dinner. We then stopped at my parents house for a few hours in the afternoon, and made one last stop at Kyle's aunt and uncle's house on the way back to Evansville. Both kids were cashed out, slept the whole way home, and slept good that night.
Friday we were excited to go cut down our Christmas tree. We have always gotten a pre-cut tree, so I was excited to start the tradition of going out and cutting out own (like we did when I was a kid). Reese was a trooper through the cold (and snow!) and we picked the perfect tree. Preston slept the entire time, which was ok with me!

Saturday we took Reese to Sesame Street Live in Milwaukee. Boy was she excited! We went out for lunch downtown before the show and enjoyed having a Reese Day. My mom came upto watch Preston so we could enjoy the day with just her (this was/is her Christmas present from us.) She loved it. It was an hour and a half show- with a 15 minute intermission- and I highly recommend it! We had a great time. She is still talking about it, and she even got to touch Cookie Monster and Count Dracula. It made her day!!
Before the show
All the monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment