Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sleep Obsessed

Notice the title is not sleep deprived. I am actually lucky enough that Preston gives me a decent amount of sleep at night...eating only every 4-5 hours and then going right back to sleep (in his swing). So most days, I feel pretty good and well rested. But it's the daytime sleep that has me in a tizzy right now. I feel like I spend 1/2 of my day getting Preston to sleep, and when he isn't sleeping, I am researching how to get him to sleep better/longer since he is only giving me 20 minute naps every 2 hours. Yes, every two hours I spend around 30  minutes getting him to sleep, leaving me feeling guilty for "ignoring" Reese during these times. And after all the hard work of getting him to sleep, I get 20 minutes of silence before he decides to wake up. UGH. Sometimes, it takes up to an hour to get him to sleep, and then when I put him down, he wakes up. Super frustrating. Recently, I have been having such a rough time having him sleep in his crib during the day, I have tried the swing, and that hasn't been working well either! He is such a stinker. He can be dead asleep in my arms and the minute I lay him down, he wakes up, or he sleeps for 20 minutes and then wakes up. My world is revolving around getting him to sleep (and sleep longer) at this point, and I cannot wait until this phase passes. It is sure exhausting and frustrating. I am excited as I have a massage this Saturday morning, and man, I sure do need it! A. As a break from the kids. B. As stress relief. C.Breastfeeding has my shoulders very tight from holding him and I need the knots worked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment