Sunday, November 4, 2012

Movin' on out!

Preston is now officially sleeping at all times in his own bedroom! This is a big step for me as Reese was in our room for 5 months *sigh* (too long!!) I was ready for Preston to go to his own room because he is such a light sleeper and the littlest sound we would make (i.e. roll over in bed) he would wake up. I think he is still adjusting, but doing quite well. He is now sleeping in his crib full time for nap during the day (they range from 20 minutes to 2 hours), but I still can't get him to sleep in his crib at night. Oh well, a little progress is better than none, one step at a time, right? When he takes naps, he will wake up after 20 minutes, but not happy about it. If I go in and help him back to sleep, I can usually get another hour or so of sleep out of him. For some reason though, he just doesn't want to be in there at night. So, he sleeps in the swing still, but at least it is in his own room.

Other big news in our house is that Reese is almost potty trained!!! Friday afternoon we put her in underwear, and she only had one accident right before bed while she was coloring (I think she was too busy to stop and go). Yesterday she did great, and today she only had one accident while we were outside playing. She still isn't going in on her own, but that will come. I am just taking her in every hour and a half to have her try. Cross your fingers we can keep her out of diapers (it would sure help the monthly budget to only have 1 kid in diapers!!) :)

People have been asking me recently how I like being a stay at home mom. Well, each day holds new challenges, but overall, I love it. I consider myself lucky to be able to be home and raise my two kids, when most parents can only get to spend a few hours each night with their kids. We are lucky that Kyle is able to support the family and we can be in a position to do so. Believe me, there are moments I sure do wish I had a "job" outside of the house, but overall, I am loving it. We keep very busy during the week. Monday mornings there is a playgroup at a place called Creekside Place in downtown Evansville where moms get together and the kids get to play. With being in a new town, it is nice to get together with local moms and make some new friends that have kids around the same age as Reese.  Wednesday mornings is story hour at the library, and Friday mornings is arts and crafts at the library as well. Between that and running errands one day a week, we keep quite busy. I am hoping to get Reese into some sort of winter activity (i.e. Swimming or Gymnastics at the YMCA in Janesville), since we won't be able to play outside as much as we can now. We will see how this next year goes, and I may be looking to go back to work next fall (hopefully in a school district using

No comments:

Post a Comment