Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Running on E

That is how my energy tank feels lately. EMPTY. Reese has not been helping the cause by waking up during the middle of the night for a few hours. Starting about 2 weeks ago, she wakes up every other or every 3rd night crying out for me, and just cant get back to sleep for two or three hours, making our days very long when we are not getting enough sleep. She, luckily, gets to take a nap at daycare. I, on the other hand, get to struggle through the day and collapse into bed at 9:00, asleep by 9:01. I am not quite sure what is going on. I first attributed it to a nightmare. Well, that was soon checked off the list as it kept happening. Then, I moved on to the theory of teething (her 2 year molars). Now, I think it might be growing pains. Actually, who knows. I can only guess and have been trying Tylenol on the nights when it takes her a while to get comfortable. I just hope this phase passes soon, or I may literally lose my mind (pregnancy brain + exhaustion = no ability to function).

Reese's vocabulary has been sky rocketing these past few weeks. She is now talking in full 5 to 6 word sentences, and blowing my mind with some of the words she is saying. Even the office staff at daycare the other day commented on how much she is talking (and the funny things she says.) She is so fun to be around right now, listening to her conversations and hearing her verbalizing her thoughts.

I have started to get into "baby mode" a bit more than I have been. The crib should arrive tomorrow, and I am in search of a dresser to go along with it. I also am ready to empty out our guest bedroom (bed and desk) and start getting things ready for him. Kyle has been busy with his new hobby, working on his 1967 Firebird, getting it ready to cruise around in this summer/fall. It makes it a little harder to get done since it is stored at his parent's house, but he hopes to have it done and ready to go by the end of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment