Saturday, June 2, 2012

27 week ultrasound

Since learning that the baby's umbilical cord is not attached to the middle of the placenta, I am now required to have an ultrasound every 4 weeks until baby is born. Last week I had one and it turns out baby boy is perfectly healthy and growing normally. Actually, he is a tad above average for this stage. He is a little over two pounds, and all of his bones are growing at the correct weight. I was 27 weeks 2 days and measured at 27 weeks 1 day (so he must have had a growth spurt since the last time I was measured!) They also measured my amniotic fluid, and that is normal as well. When the doctor came in to review the results of the ultrasound (which they do immediately after the pictures are taken), she said that in all actuality, if I was to have this "issue" in 5 or 6 years, they would probably not do any extra ultrasounds. They are finding that the cord attachment/placement to the placenta really does not have any effect on the baby's growth...hooray! So, she said we are probably doing overkill with ultrasounds every 4 weeks, but it's what my doctor ordered so it is what we will do :) I don't mind seeing the little munchkin anyways so I won't complain!
This weekend we are down at my parents house to A. RELAX and B. go to my 2nd cousin's graduation party. I'm sure Reese will have fun running around with her cousins this afternoon. My plan to lay in the pool was shot down with temps in the 50's this past week, but hopefully it will warm up today and I can lay in it tomorrow with the 80 degree temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment