Friday, September 3, 2010

6 weeks

Reese will be 6 weeks tomorrow and she is getting bigger by the minute. I have put more of her newborn clothes away, and we have switched from newborn diapers to size 1. She is so much more alert now, even within this past week. When she is awake during the day, she is constantly "tracking" me with her eyes, and babbling up a storm (well, making grunting noises and baby squeaks that I think means she is talking to me!) :)

We went in to visit my work yesterday, and she was the center of attention. When we went last time (when she was 1 week old) we went during nap time, so all the children were asleep. Yesterday we went during learning center time, and all of the kids were thrilled to see her! My 3 years old kept saying "Kali is a mommy now". So cute! We visited the infant room as well, where she will be going in 6 weeks. We went in and played with the teachers and other babies in the room. I know she will be in great hands in there while I am working in a different room. I do not like the thought of going back to work, but it makes it so much easier knowing I can pop in and see her whenever I want :) I am also able to feed her there, which makes the anxiety of pumping at work go away.


We are going to enjoy our 3 day weekend to the fullest. Tomorrow we are going to the Farmers Market downtown (Reese's first time!) On Monday, we are going to the Brewers/Cardinals game in Milwaukee with Kyle's parents. My parents are coming up to watch Reese for the day. Kyle realllly wanted to take her to her first Cardinals game, but mommy put the kibosh on that. She is still too young, and it would not be very fun for me or her in the 80 degree weather. So, maybe when she is a little older. Hope everyone enjoys and extra day off this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment