Sunday, September 19, 2010

2 months old

Oh my. I can't believe she is 2 months old already. Where did the past 8 weeks of my life go? Well, I know that the first 4 weeks are what I like to refer to as a "sleepless fog". :) But these last 4 weeks have flown by even though she is sleeping more! We had her two month appointment last week. Here are her stats:

Height: 23.5 " (93 %tile)
Weight: 11 lb 12.8 oz (86 %tile)
Head Circumference: 37 cm (18 %tile)

I guess you could call it Round THREE of Mastitis set in on Friday night. I had been on my new (third) medicine since last Monday. I took it every day, never missed a dose, and by Friday night, things still were not improving and it was actually getting worse. I just about wanted to cry when it started flaring up again. I am so frustrated and Reese did not want to breastfeed at all last week (I'm assuming the antibiotic I was on made the milk taste funny). I would pump every 3 hours, and try to feed it to her in a bottle, and that was not working either. So, she had only formula for a couple days. I felt so guilty for giving her all formula, b/c I know the positive effects from breast milk. I was beginning to think she would not want to breastfeed again, and that made me pretty upset. Anyways, I called Urgent Care on Friday night, and made an appointment for right away yesterday morning. I was put on the fourth, and final medication that is used to treat Masitits. In the beginning, I was told I could not breastfeed Reese with this medicine, but I talked with the pharmacist and my doctor and they both agreed that the baby has to be over 4 weeks to have the medicine. Thank goodness. I began taking it yesterday and already feel better. Let's hope it stays this way. Reese is breastfeeding again, which makes me so happy. What a stressful couple of weeks!

Kyle is heading off to the East Coast this week for work. Not much in on our agenda. I am starting to crack down and get things done around the house before I go back to work. We would like to put up a tile back splash in our kitchen, so we will go look at some tile this week and get some samples. All the usual cleaning as well, getting ready for fall/winter and putting the summer things away!

Here is her two month picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment