Saturday, September 11, 2010

Just Call Me Martha...

Stewart that is. I feel as though I have turned into Martha Stewart this week (or Rachel Ray, which ever you prefer!) I began my task of making homemade salsa on Thursday, and my last batch is cooking away on the stove as I write this. I made three batches, which makes about 8 cans of salsa each. Kyle taste tested last night, and it got the seal of approval. Thank goodness. It is a time consuming process, one that had to be planned around Reese's somewhat of a schedule. I also made butternut squash that I picked up at the farmers market last Saturday. I baked it for a couple of hours, and then froze it for when Reese is ready to begin eating solid foods. And finally, yesterday I made a dinner and brownies for some friends of ours that had a baby last Saturday. They had a little boy, Kai, who is exactly 6 weeks younger than Reese. We went to visit them last night, so I took them dinner and got to hold little baby Kai, he is only 7 lbs and I felt like I was holding literally nothing. He is so light compared to my own 10 lb turkey!!! He is adorable I must say and I can't wait to watch him and Reese grow up together. Romance in the future??? Not if the Dad's have anything to say about it :)

Speaking of Reese's somewhat of a schedule, I think we are getting into a routine. She is going to bed between 9:30-11 p.m., and waking around 4-4:30 a.m. to eat. She will then wake around 8 a.m. and be awake for an hour or two, eat again, and nap again until around noon. She will be awake most of the afternoon/evening, with little catnaps here and there throughout. It is quite a nice schedule we have going, and I hope it stays this way. Getting 6 straight hours of sleep a night is a blessing. I was reminded of that yesterday when we were visiting our friends and she is getting about 3 hours total a night. You can forget quite easily how hard it is in the beginning.

*On a sad note, my sister's mother in law passed away this past Monday after finding out just 6 weeks ago that she had cancer. Our thoughts and prayers are with them during this time. Michele was a great, wonderful, caring woman who was always so nice to our family. It was great seeing her and her husband when we would go up to visit my sister. She was so thoughtful and always thought of me on special occasions (Christmas, Birthday, College Graduation, Wedding, etc.) even though I was not her official "daughter in law". She even gave Reese the cutest embroidered blanket just days after finding out she had cancer. Such a thoughtful woman who will be greatly missed by everyone. We continue to pray that everyone can find the strength to get through this tough time.



6 1/2 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment