Monday, September 27, 2010

A week in review

I haven't posted in over a week, and have a little catching up to do! Last week Kyle was traveling on the East Coast (Mon-Thur). I had plans to go down to my parents house on Tuesday so my dad could fix the struts on my car. Great plan, until my car decided to quit running halfway home right outside of Monticello. Not good. I called AAA and they sent out a tow truck (which arrived an hour later) and my sister in law came to pick me up and take me to Monroe, where my dad proceeded to pick up Reese and I. We were supposed to get home at 11 am, and didn't until 3 pm. It was a long day. Turns out my car's fuel pump died, so it is getting fixed today down in Monroe. Sitting on the side of the road for an hour and a half with a 2 mo old is not too fun, but at least she slept most of the time.
This past Sunday we stopped in New Glarus for their annual Oktoberfest celebration. We have never been before so we did not know what to expect, but it was a nice little festival. We watched an antique tractor pull (don't worry, the tractor's were not too loud for Reese), and we ate a delicious beer brat while sipping on a Spotted Cow (New Glarus Beer). We also happened to run into some family friends and chatted with them for a while. It was a nice day out and I'm glad we stopped.
Here are some pictures from the tractor pull:






2 comments:

  1. Is that outfit from the Gap? If so, Avery had the same outfit and it was one of my favorites!
    Being stuck on the side of the road is no fun, let alone with an infant. Glad you survivied!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is from Old Navy, and I love it...so cute!

    ReplyDelete