Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Reese's Shower

Cousins- Aidan 2 1/2, Aubrey 5 mo, Reese 1 mo.

My high school and college girlfriends at the shower.
Reese and I by all the yummy food.

We headed down to IL last Thursday for a weekend at Nana and Poppa's. My sister and her two kids (Aidan 2 1/2 and Aubrey 5 mo) also joined us on Thursday night. The kids spent the night getting to know each other, since Reese had never met them before! I also got in my full dose of playing with my little buddy Aidan. He sure is a mover, and wont slow down until someone tells him to :) My sister sure does have her hands full! Friday we spent the day relaxing at my parents house and preparing for my friends visit to town for Reese's shower on Saturday.

Saturday morning we got ready for the shower, and 4 of my girlfriends from college came over to meet Reese before the shower. I loved watching them interact with her and meeting her for the first time. We headed to the shower that afternoon and had a fabulous time. Good food, great friends, and such a generous group of people. We got a ton of nice things that will be put to use in our house. From clothes, monitors, a pack n play, and even a picnic table for Reese when she gets older. We are so grateful for everything. Thanks Courtney and Kelsey for a fabulous afternoon!

Saturday was dedicated to girls night out! I warned Kyle before hand that I would be pumping so there would be enough milk for him to do the night feedings on Sat. night, something that has never happened before. 10 of my closest friends and I went out to eat at an Italian restaurant and then headed to the bar next door for a few drinks. I was home by 11, but still gave Kyle the honors of the night feedings :) And wouldn't you know it, she slept great. She woke at 3 and 7 to feed....daddy got lucky.

Sunday we laid in the pool and enjoyed the summer heat. It was such a nice day out. Aidan showed me a few of his moves he learned at swimming lessons, and Aubrey floated around in a little raft, content as can be. She is such a great little baby, and smiles constantly :) You say one thing to her and her smile just melts your heart! Reese got some alone time with Poppa inside while we all relaxed out by the pool. I had so many helping hands this past weekend it was great! My sister helped give her a bath, my mom helped feed and change her, and Aidan gave her lots and lots of kisses. We will be back together again in October for Reese's baptism.

This week I have set out to start making baby food to stick in the freezer until Reese is ready to eat it (6 mo or so). My mom gave me fresh peaches so I got those done last night. I picked green beans out of our garden, and am going to tackle those this afternoon. I also plan on doing sweet potatoes and squash. I must take advantage of all the fresh fruits and veggies this summer instead of buying them this winter to do it, and I'm sure when I go back to work in October, the last thing I am going to want to do is come home and make baby food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment