Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Curse or a Lesson Learned?

Yesterday we headed down to Winslow so Reese could meet more family members and experience her first Winslow River Days. The parade started at noon, right about the time in which Reese decided to eat. So we missed the parade, which our two nieces were in. Perfect timing as usual :) With it being so hot out yesterday, it was probably a good thing she was not out in the sun/heat. Many family members/friends came over to Kyle's house yesterday afternoon to meet Reese. I am pretty sure she was in some one's arms from 1-6 pm yesterday (spoiled little girl!!). She met family friends, her two great grandmas, cousins, second cousins, and Kyle's godparents. A very busy afternoon!

During River Days they have a beer tent and band at night. Julie (Kyle's mom) graciously offered to watch Reese for a few hours last night so Kyle and I could enjoy some adult time together. So I fed her at 8 and she fell right asleep. I knew I would only be out a couple of hours, and they only live 1 block away from the park, so I did not have hard time leaving. After a couple cocktails, I decided to head home around midnight. When I walked in, Reese was still asleep!! 4 hours later!! So, she woke around 12:30 and I fed her, and put her to bed. I figured with such a long, busy day, this girl was going to be out for most of the night. WRONG. Of course, when mommy does not go to bed until 1 am and had a few drinks, this little girl decides to wake up at 3 and not go back to sleep until 7!!! I thought to myself "Is this the motherly curse?" "Does she know I left her and she is re-paying me now in the wee hours of the morning?" Ugh, what a long, exhausting night. I was prepared for a nice night out with friends (which was had) but was not prepared to be up until 7 am. I didn't even do that in college!! So, around 7:30, I woke Kyle, who had many more cocktails than mommy :), and didn't get home until around 2 am, and said "Your turn!" :) Not such a fun night/morning for either of us. It might be a while again before I/we stay out until midnight or after. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment