Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nana Time

Nana Albers came up to visit us on Sunday and took off last night. We had such a good time while she was here! She was SO helpful around the house. She washed our windows, did laundry, worked on our landscaping, vacuumed, made dinner, and picked up the house for us. It was so nice having extra hands here since Kyle has gone back to work. Today, I am on my own again, but it is going just fine :) She also got in snuggle time with Reese, which in my opinion, was the most important :)

Updates on Reese:
We are sleeping a little better at night. We went a few nights in a row where I would feed her in the middle of the night, and she would be WIDE awake after feeding time. That little girl did NOT want to go back to bed. I followed all the advice I have read about night feedings (keep the lights dim, do not speak to the child/or let alone make eye contact, etc.) to keep them as sleepy as possible. None of that seemed to work. So, two nights ago, I decided after being up with her an hour after she was done feeding to put her in her bouncy seat (which vibrates) and see how that worked. Ah ha, I found something that works! As soon as I put her in her seat, buckle her in, and turn on the vibrator, eyes go shut. Magic! I know they say you are not supposed to have the baby sleep anywhere but a crib or bassinet, but at this point, I am going to let her sleep wherever she is most comfortable (and safe). So, she has been resting for 2 or so hours in her seat until the next feeding. At this point, around 5 am, she eats, and then will go back to sleep in her bassinet. It is just that 2:00 feeding where she is wide awake and ready to play. A habit we are in the process of breaking!

She is continuing to eat well, every 2 hours during the day, and about every 3 at night. Her eyes are open much more now that the first week we had her home, and she makes the funniest facial expressions at us! I can already tell she is growing. She feels a little heavier when I pick her up! We have not been able to get outside and go on any walks because of the heat and bugs! The mosquitoes are SO bad. You get bit multiple times the minute you set foot out the door. So, we have been avoiding all that by staying indoors. We did go to the mall yesterday with my mom, and it was nice to get out for a while. With her being three weeks old this Saturday already, my mind dreads the thought of going back to work in 9 weeks. 3 has gone by so fast already, as I'm sure the next 9 will. :(
Here is her two week picture: 8/7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment