Thursday, March 31, 2016

Mid week check-in

39 weeks. 4 days. I am hanging in there! I went to the doctor on Tuesday morning and they stripped my membranes (technical term) to prepare and get ready for labor. I was 3-4 cm and the hope is that stripping the membranes naturally dilates you so you can go into labor on your own (my goal!) I went back this morning and I was 4-5 cm, so it worked. Now it's just a waiting game until regular contractions start. The doctor said since I am almost 5 cm, the labor should be pretty quick if everything goes as normal as can be. My due date is Sunday, and I scheduled an appointment for next Monday in case I don't go into labor over the weekend. They will let me go as long as I want (or up to the end of next week) before we have to discuss induction. The told me it was completely up to me, but I want to wait it out as long as I feel like I can in hopes to avoid a medication, induced labor.
Besides the rain today, we have had the best weather this week for spring break. Monday and Tuesday were AMAZING! Reese spent Monday with Kyle's mom and her two cousins, and the had a great day. Bowling and ice cream were checked off her list so she was a happy camper. Tuesday the kids, Kyle, Krista (sister in law) and the cousins went to Cave of the Mounds outside of Mt Horeb. I had my doctors appointment that morning, and was having irregular contractions, so I decided to hang at home and get some relaxing in for a bit.
Preston had an awesome Monday with us, and we spent the whole day outside. Sidewalk chalk, kite flying, bike riding, soccer playing, and running around.



Swimming was also on Reese's list, so with the crummy weather today, Kyle took the kids to the hotel here in town where you can pay for a day pass to swim. I think all we have left to do is go to a movie (she wants to see Zootopia) and roller skating (which might not happen.)

Kyle, who took this week off, has been busy outside with yard work and yesterday worked on getting our small vineyard ready and pruned for the grapes this summer. We have 3 rows of vines that produce concord grapes. We also know two people who make wine :) Works out nicely for us. Last year when we moved in, the grapes were ready to be picked, and we just didn't have time to get to it, so Kyle had a family friend come and pick them and he made 30 gallons of wine from them. This year, we hope to take care of them and be able to pick on our own, getting it made by friends who live near us. They are mostly all pruned up and ready for a good harvest this summer! I am SO excited to be able to enjoy a glass (or bottle) soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment