Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Family Fun and Fitness

Time to get back on the exercise bandwagon. With Preston now 7 months old, it is time to shed the last 15ish pounds of baby weight. After Reese, the pounds fell off by month 2, without really an extra work from me. In all honesty, I haven't been a regular exerciser since before Reese was born (2+ years!)
Luckily, with Kyle's work, Kyle and I get free memberships to different gyms around the area. We chose to join Family Fun and Fitness based on location and childcare. The kids both get to go there for $30 a month, not bad seeing as Kyle and I get to go for free. They have a kids area (supervised by staff) with a range of things for kids ages 5 weeks to 12 years old.) I have gone 3 times- the first two were a little iffy. The first two times when I went to pick Reese up, she has pooped her pants (which has not happened in MONTHS.) She just wasn't comfortable telling the teacher when she had to go the bathroom. Also, each time I went in to pickup, Preston was crying :( For a former preschool teacher, and over protective Mom (Preston has never had a baby sitter that hasn't been family) I was ready to throw in the towel and not return. I was feeling guilty for leaving them and they both had a rough start. But, with Kyle's words of encouragement, I returned this morning and they both had better times. Reese was all smiles when I picked her up, and Preston was rocking quietly with one of the teachers. Preston had a rough go again but the teacher was able to calm him and sit with him until I was done with my workout. I have to plan my workouts and time them just right, as I know he will not nap there, and they do not feed babies bottles (if the baby can hold their own bottle, they will give it to them, but they will not sit and feed a baby.) So, we jet out right after his morning nap, and get home before his lunch bottle...whew! I'm sure it will get easier, we just have to find our routine with it. 
Time to start feeling better about myself, being more healthy, and getting back into good shape before swimsuit season! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment