Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Taco Soup

No real big news this week, so I decided I woud dedicate a blog to a favorite recipe of ours, that is so easy, and so delicious. I think my Mom gave it to me a few years back. Like basically any soup, you dump the ingredients in and let it simmer so all the flavors blend together.

Taco Soup:
2 lbs ground beef
1 diced onion
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can corn
1 small can diced green chilies
1 large jar Mexican salsa
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg. Hidden Valley dry dressing
2 1/2 c. water
1 large bag shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag tortilla chips

Brown beef and onions in large skillet. In large soup pot, place browned beef/onions, add beans, corn, chilies, salsa, dressing, taco seasoning, and water. Simmer atleast 1 hour. Serve w/ crushed chips and cheddar cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment