Friday, March 15, 2013

Moving day

Again. And luckily, we didnt have to do anything this time :) We closed on our house today (in Wisconsin) and since it was through a re lcoation package, we need not be present as they send a rep for us. But, that also means the moving company had to come and move everything out of the house, and get it into storage here in Indiana.

With the moving company set to arrive Wednesday morning, Kyle decided he would take Reese back for the weekend, and I would stay here with Preston. We are going home in 2 weeks for Easter, so I opted out of the 5 hour drive since we will be home soon. The company packed all day Wednesday, and began to load yesterday. Kyle had to work Wednesday- so he did not get up to the house until yesterday as well. It seems that everything went good. He was able to grab a few more things on my list I wanted before things got put into storage, and we managed to get Stevo (Reese's big teddy bear) that she has been asking for. Hopefully it gives her s sense of "peace" now that she has him. Unfortunatley, our firepit, Reese's play slide, and her turtle sandbox were iced in the ground, but luckily the new owners did a walk through while Kyle was there, and gave them his Dad's number so that when things melt, Gary can go up and pick them up for us. I'm kind of glad I didn't go back, as Kyle said it was hard leaving again, knowing now that we won't really be back.

With just Preston and I this weekend, I ventured out and checked out the outlet mall about 45 min from our house. It's very nice and will be even better when the weather warms up a bit. I also attended MOPS again today. The focus was on "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. I'm not sure how many are familiar with this book,  but a few months back, my mother-in-law recommended it, so I downloaded it on my Kindle, and read it in a few days. It basically teaches one how to love yourself and love your partner better once you know yours and their "primary love language." I highly recommend this book for anyone- married, dating, or single. It states their are 5 love langugaes- Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, Physical Touch, and Words of Affirmation. After you take the quiz (which you can do online without reading the book), it ranks those 5 languages for you, giving you an idea of your primary language, and how your partner can better "speak" it. Very interesting, and obviously very successful as it has been on the New York Times Best Selling list for 125 straight weeks. A book worth checking out. If you want to take the quiz, click here.

I have been taking some pics of Preston this weekend, here are a few:

No comments:

Post a Comment