Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Moving back in!

I never thought when I left my parents house 9 years ago to go to college I would one day be moving back in with two little kids! But, that is what we have decided to do until September 24th when we close on our new house in Evansville. We debated back and forth this weekend whether to rent a 2 bedroom apartment in Madison for a month, or to stay here in Illinois and have Kyle drive some days/stay at a friends a few days during the week. We did a cost analysis and it is cheaper for him to stay up there 2/3 days a week and then come home 2 nights/weekends than it is to rent for a month. So, we are crashing at my parents house for the next 3 weeks. Lucky them :) I am sure come the 24th, they will welcome peace and quiet again and having their space back to them, but until then, Reese gets to make their house a mess on a daily basis, all while getting tons of attention and love from all of her grandparents! When Kyle comes back, we will go up to his parents house to see him, and then spend the nights at my parents. It will be a little hectic for a month, but with a new baby and a 2 year old, this is the best option as I am getting tons of support that I  would not have being in apartment in Madison. Everything happens for a reason, so maybe somebody up high knew I would need extra support with a new little one, and blessed us with being down in Illinois by our families.

Reese has entered the stage that every parents dreads...asking "why?" I heard her ask it for the first time yesterday when I made a comment and she turned to me and said "Why?" I literally chuckled at first, and then realized what is to come. Constantly explaining myself and giving her answers to everything! She talks non stop, so I can see how this is going to get old, but, I guess that;s how she learns, right? She is adjusting very well to being a big sister to Preston and loves to help change his diaper.

Preston is adjusting to this crazy world as well. He sleeps about 22 hours of the day, exactly what he needs right now! He is such a good baby, only crying when he is hungry. I couldn't ask for anything better at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment