Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Long weekend

Everyone survived their first full week together in what my parents are used to as a house of two, then became a house of 5 in no time (6 when Kyle is here.) We had a great week last week, did lots of swimming, unpacking, and organizing. We have gotten settled in for the remaining 2 weeks we will be staying here. We "hope" to have our closing date moved up tot he 19th, and the seller's sound very optimistic about this, so 2 weeks from today we will hopefully be homeowners once again.
Our transition last week went very smooth. I was expecting Reese to ask about school, or her friends, but she still hasn't yet. Yesterday she did say she wanted to go bye bye, and I asked her where she wanted to go. She said "Our house". If that isn't enough to break your heart!! But, these next 2 weeks will fly by and she will have so much more space and yard to romp around in at the new house that it is worth the wait.
This past weekend we celebrated Labor Day with lots of swimming and a pool party at my parents on Monday. It is always great to see friends and family friends, especially while we are living here.
Preston is being a good 2 week old, sleeping about 20 hours of the day :) He is such a calm, laid back baby. I think somebody up above knew that during this time, I needed that! At his 2 week appt. yesterday he weighed 8 lbs (37%tile) and was 21' long (97%tile). Long and lean! The doctor was asking if I was getting any rest, and I told him it is just different with 2 kids now instead of 1. I am lucky though to have been blessed with my parents and Kyle's parents helping out so much these past 2 weeks. I am not sure if reality has really set in yet that I have 2 kids since I have had so much help. Ask me again in 2 weeks when I am alone with them for an entire day at the new house :) The doctor made me chuckle when he quoted Bill Cosby. Any parent of more than one child I thought would appreciate this. "Parents who only have one child are in all actuality just practicing parenting"- B.C. Ain't that the truth!!
This coming weekend is the Lena Fall Festival so Reese will enjoy the parade and rides. I am also having Preston's newborn pictures taken...lets hope he cooperates and maybe open's his eyes for some of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment