Thursday, August 2, 2012

36 weeks

I had my 36 week appointment today and got some good news. I am dilated to a 3, and my doctor and I discussed an induction date (if needed). Even though it is super exciting to hear I am already at a 3, I could stay at a 3 until my due date. So after she checked me we talked again about my moving date and we decided to go ahead and tentatively plan on being induced on August 20th if baby has not arrived by then. This would probably put me out of the hospital then by the 23rd, one day before closing on the house. She said my cervix is already thinning out and all the I would possibly need for induction is the minimal dose of pitocin to get me started, and I would probably go into labor on my own from there. She also said at 38 weeks she can strip my membranes (around my cervix) which sometimes help jump start labor without an induction. So either way it looks like I will be having a baby before we move, hallelujah!

Reese is starting to get the concept of us moving, and has been helping me pack a little each night. Her main job is to use markers to decorate the cardboard boxes :) She is also just cracking us up these days with the things that come out of her mouth. I swear I never thought at 2 she would be putting such concrete thoughts together and making sense while doing it! Yesterday she already had created her own "stereotype" while we were driving home from daycare. We say a man on a motorcycle and she said "Mommy, motorcycles are for boys, and bicycles are for girls." What?! It is crazy to me that she already is forming a "stereotype" at age 2!! I then corrected her and told her that boys and girls can both ride motorcycles and bicycles, but she was a firm believer for some reason that only boys should be on motorcycles. Who knows where that came from?

This weekend is full of packing (more!) and possibly getting into our new house to do measurements and a final walk through to see what we need to have lined up before we move in. If we can't get in Saturday, we will be able to when we have the house inspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment