Wednesday, August 8, 2012

False Alarm

I had a false alarm yesterday with baby boy. I began having irregular contractions on Monday night before bed. I thought nothing of them as I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions for a week or more now. Yesterday around lunch, the contractions got a tad stronger and I started having them about every 5 minutes. I called my dr. office and they did a mini "traige" over the phone and determined that it would be best that I head downtown to the hospital to get examined since my doctor was off yesterday. So, I left work around 1pm and headed down. The hooked me up to the monitor and checked me right away. I was dilated to 3 still and was 40% effaced (need to be 100% to push.) They did determine that I was having contractions every 2-5 minutes, and they wanted to keep me there for another hour and a half to see if I would make progress. I waited around and when they checked me again I was still a 3, but was 60% effaced. Not enough to keep me there. So I was told to go home, stay comfortable, and the contractions could do various things. They could stay like this for the next couple weeks (irregular and not super painful, they could intensify-leading to me going into labor, or they could stop all together). As of today, they are still irregular and not super painful, so it is just a waiting game. I have my 37 1/2 week appointment with my doctor tomorrow afternoon, so I guess we will see if any progress has been made.

I am not sure if I already updated on Reese after her 2 year appointment a few weeks ago, so here are her stats if I forgot (forgetting things seems to be a re-occurring thing with me lately.) Just ask Kyle about the cookies I burnt in the oven tonight! :)
Weight: 27 lbs. (55%tile)
Height: 36 inches (94%tile)

No comments:

Post a Comment