Thursday, August 16, 2012

Tick Tock

The clock is ticking away and no baby yet. Since being off of work all week, I have actually had time to digest the fact that we will be both moving, and having a baby next week. Packing is going very well, we will be finishing it up this weekend and living off the bare necessities next week. With Reese still going to daycare this week, I finally got all the paint colors finalized, hardwood picked out, and we are in the process of picking new carpeting out. It has been a "blessing in disguise" to be able to be home this week (even though some days lying around and taking it easy is quite boring!!) I have gotten quite a a lot accomplished and feel much more comfortable with the move. Don't get me wrong, anxiety is starting to creep up at the the thought of living in a house that will be a construction zone for a while, but I know we have plenty of support from our families to help out getting things done. I always joke that Kyle and I got pretty lucky. We have the jack of all trades for parents. My mom-the landscaper, My dad-the painter, Kyle's dad-the carpenter, and Kyle's mom- the interior decorator. Can't ask for much more than that when re-modeling a house! We have loads of helpful people with lots of knowledge and have been using them to the fullest (again, making things much less stressful!!)

I have my 38 1/2 week appt. this afternoon and will find out if anything has changed. I don't feel it has, since contractions have only come and gone a couple of days this week, and they were nothing too painful. Well, my birthday is Saturday and I can't think of a better present than a baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment