Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sassy Pants, too?

I had to laugh last night when I was looking through emails and saw my sister had updated her blog. I opened it only to see the title "Sassy Pants". I immediately started to chuckle. That was going to be the exact title I was going to put on my blog today. Reese and Aubrey MUST be cousins :) To see her blog entry, check out www.finnlandnewsandnotes.blogspot.com

Reese has turned into a little sassy pants this past week. Kyle and I were just talking about it the other night at dinner. Her screeches and hollers have gotten louder and much more exaggerated when she does not get something she wants. Oh lordy. I didn't know these "mini" temper tantrums started as young as 10 months! It really is not that bad, but she has been such a calm, easy going baby it was kind of shocking the first time we heard her "screech" when she didn't get something she wanted. She now HATES to have her diaper changed or to have her clothes changed. It is like wrestling a crocodile to get her clothes on her. She is constantly on the move and hates to be held down for one minute.

This past week I worked less hours than normal since I am just training for my new job, so that offered me lots more time to hang out with Reese and do some things I have been wanting to do. On Friday, we went to the Madison children's museum with a friend and her 5 mo old boy. It was closed all last summer for renovation,and now they have 3 floors of activities for kids. They even had a rooftop where they keep chickens, doves, and a fish pond. Reese LOVED it. So much that I bought a one year membership so we can go as often as we would like. It is amazing. They have so much for kids ages 0-10 to do. It will definitely come in handy this winter when we are searching for activities to do. I am very happy we finally went and can't wait to go back again.

I took this video this morning, of Reese and our cat Jack. They are infatuated with each other, and spend most of their days together chasing each other and playing games such as this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment