Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sick as a dog

Reese came down with a fever yesterday at daycare. They called my room to tell me it was 101.5 under the arm (then you add a degree, so really it was 102.5). I went and picked her up and called the doctor's office when we got home. With her history of ear infections, they wanted me to bring her in. All checked out ok. No other symptoms besides nasal/head congestion and a fever. I was so thankful she didn't have another ear infection. I really don't like putting her on antibiotics. Last night was a little rough. It took almost 2 hours to console her to get her to sleep, and she ended up sleeping in bed with me, because she was so uncomfortable and only wanted to be touching me. I pretty much did not sleep, but cat napped on and off throughout the night. When she woke up this morning, burning hot again, her temperature was 102.5 (again, 103.5 since it was under her arm). I gave her more ibuprofen, and headed to work while Kyle stayed home with her. He called me around 1 and said he took her temp again and this time it was 103.3 (104.3). I told him to call the dr. right away and I headed home. They advised us to try to keep fluids in her, and really watch her. If she still has this high fever tomorrow, then we will need to do something more and have her seen again. Hopefully it breaks tonight. She has taken many naps today, so I hope her little body is fighting it off. Poor baby :(

No comments:

Post a Comment