Monday, March 28, 2011

Can You Hear Me?

Reese's thoughts exactly. We have entered the screeching phase. I have never heard such a high pitched screech come out of a baby's mouth before (well I probably have, but it didn't phase me because I didn't live with it) :) Anytime we set Reese down, don't pay attention to her, or don't do something fast enough (i.e. feed her, change her, etc.) she screeches very loudly at us. So basically, most of the time. To keep from needing to take aspirin everyday, Kyle and I have learned to look at each other, and just laugh. It is quite comical, and when she sees us laughing, she usually does as well. Such a little stinker. She is also becoming more "needy" it seems. Every time I play with her, she wants to be touching me, or sitting with me. She is always wanting us to be paying attention to her, and her every move. When we set her down and walk away, we hear a loud screech behind us. I remember my sister telling me when her kids were going through this phase, so I think it is normal, right? I hope so, and I also hope that it passes. Once she gets some words, I hope she learns how to use an inside voice :) She turned 8 months old last week. She is just about crawling, but not quite there. She tries and tries, but still just goes backward. She is also still chatting up a storm. She is very entertaining, and I just love watching her learn new things each week. She changes so fast! She just figured out that if you bang two things together (such as blocks) it makes a loud noise, and giggles and giggles while repeating it. This next weekend we head home for my Grandma's 95th birthday. Can you believe it?? I hope I can live to 95 and still have the mind she does. Looking forward to seeing our family and watching Reese be entertained by her cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment