Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Roley Poley

We had our first "witnessed" rollover on Sunday night! I have been watching Reese very intently every time I lay her down on the floor, as she gets about 3/4 of the way over, hoping and hoping that she would just roll right on over. This past weekend back in Illinois she practiced and practiced, but just could not get her arm out from underneath her. Sunday night after we got back to our house, I laid her down in the living room, and Kyle was in the kitchen. She looked like she was working on it, so I hollered for Kyle to look, and sure enough, the little stinker kicked her way over. The look on her face was priceless. She was shocked!! It was almost like she did not know why she was now lying on her tummy! Such a cool thing and I am glad we both got to see it at the same time. She has not rolled over since, but I don't think it will be long before she does it all the time. She is just about there each time, just a little kick is all she needs.

Minutes later as I was changing her diaper, she also found her feet for the first time. She kicked her feet up by her head, grabbed her toes, and looked at them like "Are these mine???" She got the biggest smile on her face, and now loves grabbing her toes each time you change her diaper.

A lot of firsts for one day!! Tomorrow we head to the dr. for her 4 month shots. I'm curious to see how much she weighs and how long she is. All of her teachers commented about how they thought she grew over Thanksgiving break. My guess is 24" long, 14.5 lbs. We'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment