Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween and more

Reese celebrated her first Halloween on Sunday, and did so by dressing up as a cow :) We handed out candy to the neighborhood children (I think we had about 60). Trick or Treating lasted from 5-8, and little miss Reese was asleep by 5:30. She is still fighting off a cold (going on a week now) and napped much of Sunday. She did wake up around 6:45ish for some of our friends who cam over to see her. She was awake though for our pumpkin carving that afternoon. She sat and watched mommy and daddy carve away. According to our friends, my pumpkin beat out Kyle's, even though I carved off half of my cats ear :)

We also celebrated Kyle's birthday yesterday. We went out for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, and Reese was a happy baby through it all. When we got home, he opened his present from us and my parents, a new golf bag and golf balls. Now he won't have to hold the bottom of his bag so his clubs won't fall out :)

And I want to say thank you....thank you to mastitis for returning to me. Oh how I have missed it. NOT. Yesterday morning, I began to feel quite engorged while at work. I tried to feed Reese twice, and she was not having it. I was too engorged for her to get a good latch. So I pumped and almost nothing came out. I thought maybe if I could just get her to eat, my milk would drop. Not so. It kept getting worse throughout the night, and by 4 am this morning, I could barely move my right arm because my chest hurt so bad. This time it is worse than I have had it before. Im am VERY sore, all the way up to my neck, and I have the flu like symptoms that go along with it. I have an appointment at 1 today to get back on antibiotics. Having mastitis really does ruin the breastfeeding experience. I may just have to pump now and give breastmilk to her in a bottle. She is doing much better taking it out of a bottle since starting daycare, so that may just be what we have to do for the next couple of months. I am hoping to still give her breastmilk until she is around 6 mo old. We'll see how it goes.
Here are some recent pictures:
Carving pumpkins on Halloween
Ready to hand out some candy in her cow costume!
Another cow pic...








No comments:

Post a Comment