Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Countdown is beginning...

I don't think I have ever been more happy to see a weekend arrive and have Friday at 3:30 roll around. This past week at work was one of my worst in 2 years :( I have a new group of children that moved up to my class on Monday, and let's just say it is the most challenging group of 3 year olds I have ever met. I have a new boy from China who speaks no English (so he cries all day b/c he is so confused), I have two boys who I assume (I'm no doctor) that are somewhere on the Autism spectrum, and I have another boy who has some sensory issues going on. WOW, lets say exhausting. Managing 18 "normal" three year olds is hard enough, but add in 4 boys who have special needs and it is no easy task. So, I have been hit, kicked, slapped in the face, and had a cup of water thrown at me all in the past 5 work days. YIKES....Now I am officially counting the days until the baby comes, these are going to be a rough 3 1/2 months.

On the other hand, I was in dire need of a nice relaxing weekend to take my mind off of the chaos at work. So yesterday morning, Kyle and I volunteered at a charity event "Meals for Haiti". It is an event made to pack over 1/2 million meals for the people of Haiti. There were 45 tables set up in a warehouse, with teams of 8 people at them. We had an hour and a half shift, and had a great time. It was so nice to see all the people there that were willing to help out those in need.

After the event, we headed over to Brookfield, WI to pick up our crib that we ordered. On our way, it dawned on Kyle that the St. Louis Cardinals (his favorite baseball team) was playing this weekend in Milwaukee at Miller Park (about 5 minutes from Brookfield). So, after picking up the crib, we headed over to Miller Park to go to the game. We had great bleacher seats, and it was such a nice day outside. After the game, we headed to our friends 30th surprise birthday party. What a great day!

Today, I am taking in the relaxation and "calmness" of the day before heading back to work tomorrow. I am excited to have a short week this week. I am heading up to my sister's house in MN on Thursday night to visit them and meet new baby Aubrey! Let's pray this week goes better than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment