Thursday, October 30, 2014

Boot Country

Kyle and I went to Nashville TN last weekend to attend a friend from high school's wedding. We left on Friday morning and made the 5 hour trek south. The weather for the weekend couldn't have been more perfect. 80s and sunny. Friday we headed downtown to meet up with my Pearl City friends and bar hopped around until we went to the welcome party at a winery south of Nashville. Saturday we also went downtown and enjoyed the nice weather by sitting outside, drinking cocktails, and listening to live music. It's couldn't have gotten any better! The wedding was at 4:30 at my friends house- since they already got married in Napa, CA, it was more of a reception. We had a wonderful weekend, that went by way too fast!

Great news! They are finished with the construction behind our house (building a round a bout). Bad news. We now have baseball stadium lighting illuminating our house all night long. Not too happy about it. Plan on placing a call to the town to complain tomorrow. There is no round a bout in Fishers or any other town for that fact that I have seen that needs 8 crazy lights that you can see from miles away. One or two to light the street would have been just fine. Honestly, Kyle woke up at 6:00 this morning, which is pitch black outside, and our room was lit up like we had the lamp turned on. Such a pain.

In other, more positive news, I have inched up my running distance, slowly but surely. I am upto
5.09 miles- in about 48 minutes. Getting to the 5 mile mark is harder than it seems, and it taking me a bit to get past it. I really have to up my strength training in my legs to be able to get further. My legs are getting so tired around that 5 mile mark.

We also had our church's trunk-or-treat event last night. The playgroup I lead hosted a trunk which I decorated as Cookie Monster. The turn out was fantastic. We had 28 trunks, 300 kids come through, with over 500 adults. Such a great night we had! Kyle brought the kids and walked them around, since I did the game at my trunk, and I guess Reese was a bit shy, but Preston had no problem walking up and asking for candy...doesn't shock me in the slightest :) Tomorrow night we plan to hit up the neighborhood if the weather holds out- looking like rain, strong winds, and a high of 39- yikes! We may be going to Reese's school Halloween party instead if the weather is to yucky.Saturday we celebrate Kyle's (36th...shhh!) birthday! We might go out for some good sushi for dinner- we will do whatever the birthday boy wants!

Enjoy the weekend and Happy Halloween!!


Tracking my run today.


At Arrington Winery south of Nashville. Wonderful views!!

 Hanging out on Tootsie's (legendary Nashville bar) rooftop soaking up the sun

Roaming the streets with Kelsey & Jody

P.C. gals at wedding

Taking advantage of a kid free weekend :)

Trunk or Treat pictures!
Reese is Doc McStuffins (Disney character & Preston is a gorilla)
Stay tuned, Preston has a different costume for tomorrow :)



No comments:

Post a Comment