Monday, October 6, 2014

What Are You?

Time for "What are you?"

Eating: Anything apple related (donuts, cider, caramel apples, crisp) and anything cold weather related. I am ready to pull our my cook books and rev up my casserole and crock pot meals. This past weekend was very chilly, so we did Taco Soup yesterday. It was so yummy and warmed us right up!

Reading: I just finished "The Kite Runner" by and I am now reading "Mercy" by Jodi Picoult. I highly recommend "The Kite Runner", it's a little longer but a great read.

Doing: October is a very busy month for us. This past weekend was our only "free" weekend, and we closed up the pool, enjoyed a festival, went to church, and lounged around. The next few weekends we are spending time with family, and the last weekend in the month we head to Nashville, TN for high school friends wedding. I am excited about heading back (Kyle and I went last October for a long weekend.) It should be a really fun time with nice weather!

Listening to: You guessed it- kids music. Our MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group gave the kids a new bible based CD last week, so we have been listening to and learning all the new songs.

Watching: Kyle and I are on the final season of Breaking Bad on Netflix. Our house also consists currently of the baseball playoff games (go Cards!) and football games on Monday and Thursday nights and on Sundays (man, when you think about it, football is on ALL the time?!) I am also on season 2 of How I Met Your Mother- which was on CBS but I never watched it when it was actually on, so now I am catching up on Netflix whenever I have time.

Excited about: A few things! I lead a children's play group at our church every other Wednesday of the month, and this Wednesday we are having our playgroup at Stoney Creek Farms (a pumpkin patch.) The kids will have a blast. Our church is also doing a "Trunk-or-Treat" at the end of October, and my playgroup is sponsoring a trunk. We decorate it (ours will be Cookie Monster) and hand out candy to all the kids in the community that come to the event. Last year over 300 kids came, so it will be fun- plus the kids get to wear their Halloween costumes twice! And of course, we are looking forward to Halloween. The kids have their costumes all picked out and are ready to trick-or-treat through the neighborhood!

Looking forward to: I can honestly say I am looking forward to gorgeous Fall weather. I can  only hope for sunny days in the 60s for the next few weeks- instead of 50s and dreary, but I'll take what I can get. Each year, Fall becomes more of a favorite season for me. Just the right temps without all the rain that Spring has. I love the sweater, jeans, boot weather- all without the freezing temps and snow that winter brings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment