Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sunday School

We have found a church in Fishers and are more than happy to start attending on a regular basis. I have gone 3 times, and have been more than pleased with the services I have attended. It is Chirst the Savior Lutheran Church (ELCA) and I have attended both the traditional (845a) and contemporary (1045a) services. I feel more than welcome by all of the other members, having people greet and welcome me and the kids each week has been so nice. I am going to be taking the new member classes in October, and Kyle will do November. The kids have both started Sunday School as well. Their Sunday school is held during the service while we hear the sermon, so it works out great to be able to actually listen instead of entertaining the kids :) I am also going to find out the steps (after my new member classes are complete) to get Preston baptized. I can't believe he is (almost) 13 mo and still not baptized- but moving around so much in his first year of life has not helped! Now we are settled and are finding a church family, I am excited to look into it.

Fitting for my blog: a recent article about kids in church- much appreciated by those of us with young ones!!
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3909085


No comments:

Post a Comment