Monday, September 23, 2013

m-i-s-e-r-a-b-l-e

One word to describe our weekend. Miserable. If you read my last blog, apparently I should have quadruple knocked on wood. Yes, we all got sick this weekend. I have to say, being sick in itself is awful. Being sick while your 3 year old and husband are sick, while trying to take care of a baby- hell. Many times I wish we still lived close to family, but Saturday and yesterday I wished more than ever! If we could have shipped Preston off to a grandparents house, I think we all could have rested a bit more. Preston got his stomach bug out of the way on Thursday night (see previous post). Saturday we all woke up feeling good, and had plans to go to the apple orchard after the kids afternoon nap. The kids woke up around 3, and Reese said she didn't feel to good. She already is congested and runny nose, so I'm thinking, oh great, another ear infection. When I asked what hurt, she couldn't really answer me (saying her back, her neck, etc.) As we were getting ready to walk out the door, she puked all over our white carpet in the living room. Ugh! At this point, I still felt pretty good, so I was hoping Kyle and I weren't going to get it. She laid on the couch the whole afternoon/evening, still getting sick until bedtime. She also woke up and got sick a few time during the night. Around 5:30, I started to feel a little queasy. Luckily, Kyle still felt good, so he took Preston outside and played all afternoon with him while Reese and I stayed on the couch. As soon as the kids went to bed, it was my turn. I was up all night getting sick. Kyle slept with Reese in the spare bed room so he could take care of her since I was unable. Reese and I both ran fevers, and by 3:30 am, mine finally broke and I was able to get some sleep.
When Kyle woke with the kids, Reese felt much better, but Kyle wasn't feeling so great. I slept until 9:00 and then took over so he could sleep. I wasn't getting sick anymore, but I was SO exhausted and could barely function- but, moms don't get sick days, especially when dad is sick too! Reese was still pretty tired, so luckily I just popped in a movie for her and she was content on the couch. Kyle ended up getting diarrhea instead of vomiting. So needless to say, our weekend was miserable.
It is a whole different story when you have kids to take care of and cannot rest and take care of yourself. Kyle is still home resting today- and now we all have these nasty colds (which the kids got last week and passed on to us now.)
On a positive note, happy fall! We are looking forward to many fun fall activities- apple orchard, a field trip with Reese's class to the pumpkin patch, Kyle and I's trip to Nasvhille, TN, and of course, Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment