Thursday, April 11, 2013

P's big week

Preston has had quite the big week this week in terms on milestones. 7 1/2 months (well almost 8) in the making and he FINALLY slept through the entire night last night! He did wake up twice and I patted him back to sleep, but no bottle from 8:15 p.m. to 6:15 am- talk about amazing. I have been waiting for a night like this since he was about 3 months old (about the time when it is no longer "fun" to wake up in the middle of the night with your new little baby!) After 3 months, the process becomes more of an annoyance and you would much rather get sleep than cuddle/feed your baby :) For the past 4 nights, he has been waking up at 4:00 for a bottle, and I decreased the amount from 5 oz to 3 oz per "night weaning" guidelines, and apparently, it worked. I just hope this streak continues as we head back to Illinois today for a wedding that Kyle is in this Saturday. His thrown off schedule and change of routine might toss him off, but I am hoping the night sleeping his here to stay.
He also began sitting up entirely on his own. No more wobble baby- he rarely falls over, usually just when reaching for a toy that he can't quite grasp. He is much happier being upright (not that he was crabby before) but now that he can sit up and entertain himself with toys, he plays much longer on his own. Even though it is fun to see him "hit" these milestones, Kyle and I agreed it is both fun but depressing. It so hard watching him get so big so fast. Next comes crawling, then walking, and we all know once the movement starts, it NEVER stops...I wish the baby stage lasted much longer than "one year"!
Along with Easter presents/candy, the Easter bunny also brought us a house full of colds. We are still fighting off these germs and finally Kyle broke down and went to the doctor on Tuesday, and I am headed to the fast care today. My sinuses have been killing me and I don't think this cold is just a cold anymore- time to fight off this sinus infection. Reese still has a running nose but hers seems to be clearing up on its own.
With these 80 degree temps we have had this week, its going to be hard to go back to the 30 degree temps back home! I must say I do love the weather here in Indy- even though its only 5 hours away from home, the weather is SO much better!

*Apprently none of my pictures are showing up- which I am attribting to using the Ipad since my computer is broken, going to look into how to fix this!*

No comments:

Post a Comment