Friday, April 19, 2013

Hanging on....

Man, what a week in world news, right? One crazy event after another has really made for an awful week in the U.S. To add to the horrible events, Kyle's work had a bomb scare today- luckily, he was traveling for work, and was not there- even though it amounted to nothing in the end. They did evacuate his entire office- but it appears as of now it seems to be nothing.
Our week of sickness is still hanging on. I am still on my antibiotics for my sinus infection, but it is still hanging around, leading me to also think I have allergies on the side. With our 70-80 degree temps and Spring in full swing here, I am thinking my allergies are also attributing to this sinus headache. Also this week, Preston started to feel yucky. It began on Tuesday morning when he developed a low fever, and by Tuesday night, he was not himself at all. He fussed when drinking a bottle, cried on and off all day, and slept awful at night. By Wednesday morning, he refused to eat and couldn't shake his fever with the help of tylenol. After another horrible nights sleep and him refusing all liquids and foods for over 8 hours,  I took him to immediate care on Wednesday afternoon and sure enough, he has an ear infection. I have to be quite grateful that he is 8 months old (today!) and this is his first time ever being sick. He was in pretty bad shape, crying pretty much all Wednesday and Wednesday evening, but started to turn a corner yesterday afternoon. He was back to his smiling/giggling self today, so it appears he is on the mend.
Not too much on tap for the weekend, lots of family time as Kyle heads to Chicago next Mon-Thur for a work conference (first time since Preston was born that I am alone for that long with both kids!)
Hoping everyone back in the midwest is safe with all the rain- and my sister isn't too depressed with all the snow in Minnesota! I keep telling everyone to join us in Indy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment