Wednesday, December 5, 2012

SOS!

I'm not sure what has happened, but since last Friday, Preston has fallen off the "sleep train" and I feel like I have been hit with one. He is no longer giving me good stretches of sleep in the swing- he is waking every 1 1/2 -2 hours. It is just plain awful. He developed a cold on Sunday, so I am wondering if that has to do with it. He is congested, but also has a slightly runny nose. I tried Tylenol for the first time with him last night, and it didn't help him sleep any longer. He wakes, crying, and will not put himself back to sleep. if it has been 3 (or close to 3 hours since he last ate) I feed him, but otherwise I sit rocking in his room in the wee hours of the morning. He is sleeping the same (if not worse) from when he was a newborn. I realy hope this phase passes, soon. My patience is running thin, and my mind is too!

On a better note, I had a fabulous time with my girlfriends this past Saturday in Chicago. We cooked a Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday afternoon while drinking wine and catching up. It is always so good to see them. And a night with no interrupted sleep was great as well. 

This week Reese and I began our Christmas cookie making ordeal. I am hoping to make lots of different kinds this year since I am at home. We will see how far we get. Yesterday we did sugar cookie cut outs, and today we frosted them. Next on the list in Thumbprints!


No comments:

Post a Comment