Monday, December 10, 2012

No more MOO

After waking up every 1 1/2 hours AGAIN last night with Preston, I am on my last straw of things to try, and  switching to a diary free diet is it. This is going to be super tough for me, as I am a horrible label reader and love all dairy products, but if it is going to help him, then I am willing to try it. I talked to our doctors nurse about it last Friday, and have come to the conclusion that he probably has a dairy sensitivity. His poop is super watery, green, and stinky- when it should be yellow, not watery, and no scent (since I am breastfeeding.) His bowel movements are a big sign their may be a sensitivity and then he also has eczema spots on his cheeks, another sign of a diary sensitivity. I have talked quite in depth with a mom in my playgroup that has two daughters with dairy and nut allergies, and she has given me lots of ideas of substitutes to use when cooking and products that are dairy free. Did you know Ghiradelli chocolate was dairy free? Thank heavens for that :) HA! I guess we will try it out an see. It takes about 10 days to get out of your system, so by 2-3 weeks from now, I should be seeing improvement if it is in fact a dairy sensitivity.

We had a great weekend. Yesterday my parents came up for some chili and football (even though the Bears game was awful!) we still enjoyed ourselves. My mom and I also made a big batch of Thumbprint cookies (none of which I can eat now) :( Maybe it is a good thing I am doing this diet during the holiday season...a good reason to avoid all the cookies and candies!

No comments:

Post a Comment