Thursday, September 6, 2012

Who turned the lights out?

This past week, Reese has been talking a lot about God and asking many questions about him. This discussion was prompted when Kyle and her were outside and Reese made a comment about how dark it was outside. She then asked Kyle "Who turned the lights out?" :) Kyle told her God did. Reese, not being one to like the dark, responded with "Well, I don't like God." Mind you, this is a little girl who likes a night light in her room, so she is not too fond of anything that is associated with the dark. Then yesterday, we woke up to wet windows as it had rained the night before. I told Reese to look outside and see the wet deck. She then asked "Who made it rain?" I told her "God did." This opened a can of worms in her little intuitive mind. She then wanted to know all sorts of information about God. Where does he live? Why is he in the clouds? Why can't I touch him? Will he come down so I can touch him? When is he going to come down and play with me? Why is he hiding? and on and on :) I told her many times we can't see God, but we just believe in him and he loves us. This morning when I went into her room to get her out of bed, I said "Good morning" and she replied "We can't see God." I think this concept has the wheels in her head just turning and turning!

No comments:

Post a Comment