Monday, July 23, 2012

Treinta y cinco

35 weeks! I am 5 weeks away from my due date and had another ultrasound today. Baby boy (who still does not have a name) is growing like a weed and is healthy as can be. The sonographer said that I am proving the studies wrong that say that having "marginal cord placement" (meaning the cord is not attached to the middle of my placenta) lessens the baby's growth. Not this baby. He weighed in at 6 lbs 11 oz today...yikes! Looking at another 8 1/2 to 9 lb baby like Reese. Hopefully I won't have to push for four hours to get him out like I did with her. He still has a full head of hair, and I personally think his facial features look like Kyle on the 3D images....guess we have to wait and see though!

We had such an exciting and fun filled weekend. My sister and her kids arrived in town Friday afternoon and Reese was beyond excited to see them. She loved following Aidan around and being his side kick, while pretty much "ignoring" Aubrey. They didn't play a whole lot together, but when they did, Aubrey was so cute and wanted to "take care of" Reese. I think she knows she is 4 months older :)

Saturday was PARTY DAY! Reese woke up from her nap to come down stairs to see the house transformed into an Elmo Party! She had such a fun afternoon opening presents, eating an Elmo cake, and playing in the slip n' slide and pool. A successful 2 year old party in my book, and it ended with her serenading herself to sleep with multiple renditions of "Happy Birthday to Reese" in her crib :)
Yesterday we headed down to my parents to swim so Reese could see Aidan and Aubrey a little more. Reese is a little dare devil of a fish. I'm pretty sure she would jump in even if no one was standing around. I can't wait to get her into swimming lessons sometime soon so she can have as much fun as she did yesterday. She just LOVES the water!

Tomorrow we plan on celebrating Reese's birthday by taking her out to dinner at Ella's Deli, a neat restaurant on the East side that has a carousel. She loves riding the merry-go-round, so what better for her to do on her birthday!

I'll post pics soon of Reese's party. My sister was in charge of the camera so once I get them from her, I'll share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment