Tuesday, July 10, 2012

House Hunters

I can honestly say that I feel like I am on the HGTV show "House Hunters". But I only wish the show would come in, swoop me off my feet, and give me three choices to choose from like they do on the show. We started our official house search on Sunday, seeing 6 houses within the Evansville/Oregon area. We saw a few potentials, but are going back out today and seeing 7 more. Hopefully by the end of today, we will find something we feel comfortable with and possibly putting an offer in on (best case scenario, right?)! Positive thinking is what is getting me through this process at this point :)
We also had a house inspection on Sunday for the buyers who put an offer in on our house, and all was good. They do want a structural engineer to come in tomorrow to check out a beam on the second floor, but all should be good and hopefully we can move on with the closing of our house at that point (Aug 24th is the official close date.)
After talking with Luke (our realtor), to be in our new house before our close date on our current house, and before baby comes, we would need to put an offer in on a house by the end of THIS WEEK. Yikes! Pressure is on. Nothing like cramming in a bunch of house hunting into a couple of days. Reese has been a trooper so far, and her portable DVD player with her Elmo DVD's kept her pretty occupied on Sunday, and I am hoping for the same result again today. I'll update more once we get out and see the rest of them later this afternoon. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment