Sunday, July 15, 2012

Run Forest, Run!

I got my own little chuckle in today while grocery shopping at Target with the family. 97% of the time, Reese and I do the grocery shopping (usually on a night on our way home from work.) But today, we decided to venture out as a family to do the task. This is an offer I will never turn down if Kyle wants to go along, because and extra set of hands to corral Reese does a lot in terms of shopping time, meltdowns from Reese or I, and the efficiency of getting the shopping done. Well, not so much today :) When Reese shops with me, she is immediately put in the cart and buckled in. I don't take any chances on that little "monster" taking off on me. I don't think Kyle has shopped alone with her enough to know/think about this little rule, and Reese sure took advantage of that today!! I was talking with an old co-worker I happened to run into, when all of a sudden (in a VERY busy produce section) I hear a little girl screaming and laughing at the top of her lungs. I look away from the conversation so see Kyle chasing Reese down the aisles and Reese looking back with a shit-eating grin on her face, screaming and laughing hysterically thinking "Dad, you can't catch me!" But, in a couple of strides, she was snatched up by him, and taken back to get some deli meat. A few minutes later, I had proceeded on to pick out some bananas, and again from behind me, the same thing. The lady next to me turns and whispered "Don't worry, he will learn his lesson." Not but a few minutes later, Reese was brought over, and strapped down in the cart.  I have to say, I was laughing internally the whole time, and did not once step in to help/offer advice on the situation. Don't think she will be given free roam of Target anytime soon :)

Yesterday Reese and I ventured down to Oswego, Il to one of my college roomate/friend's bridal shower. She is getting married in September, and graciously asked me to be a bridesmaid, and Reese to be the flower girl. I was a little nervous of this 2 1/2 hour trip, mainly since the shower was from 12-3, Reese's nap time, but she did great! She was kept busy being the center of attention and helped Darcy open presents. At the end, her eyes we droopy and her patience was short, so we loaded up and she slept the entire 2 1/2 hours on the way home. Made for a nice, quite, relaxing ride!

House hunting is just that, still hunting. I went to look at another one Thursday night while Kyle was traveling for work, but that was a bust. Today we see 3 more, and then we will rank our houses again and decide where to put in an offer. We did end up putting an offer in on a house last Wednesday evening, but have not heard back. We gave them 3 days to counter, so now we are not binded to it and can place an offer on another one if we choose. Time to move on and keep trucking along!


No comments:

Post a Comment