Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day

I must say this past weekend was fabulous! I took last Friday off to A. spend the day with Reese and B. do some garage sailing. I accomplished A, not B. Instead I chose to take Reese to the zoo because it was SO nice out and I just wasn't in the mood to garage sale (imagine that!) We had a blast. She always loves a trip to the zoo, and so do I since the Madison Zoo is free :) Saturday we hosted a cookout for our neighborhood friends so Reese was super busy playing with her friends, Ada (3) and Grayden (1 1/2). They must have worn her out, because before they even left (around 8pm), she was asking to go "ni-ni" ((night, night).
Yesterday was a great day for Mother's Day. Kyle and Reese treated me to a delicious brunch in the morning, and then a trip to Home Depot to pick out my flowers for all the planters I have. We got home in time for Reese to nap and for Kyle and I to spend the afternoon outside planting flowers and a couple of shrubs we bought. We spent the rest of the day playing in her water table, grilling out and going to the park. It was a fantastic day, I couldn't have asked for more! I even got a gift card for a 1 hour massage, just what I need!
Today I ended up taking Reese to the doctor after her snotty nose (all weekend) turned green and she complained of her ears hurting. Turns out she has a sinus infection (ears were clear) and was put on antibiotics to help her head feel better. Her eczema is also getting worse now and I had him check it out as a few spots on her legs looked like ringworm, but they are not. He said the sun can really dry the skin out, and most people only assume eczema is bad in the winter, but it can be just as bad in the summer as well. So, our trip to the dr. was worthwhile, and Reese enjoyed her princess sticker she got at the end :)

I am now 25 weeks and am feeling baby boy move a lot now. One difference between him and Reese is the positioning of movement. Reese was always much higher in my stomach, but when baby boy moves, it sometimes feels like he is right down low and going to kick his way out! HA! He is right on my bladder, and when he kicks, I feel like I have to rush to the bathroom to avoid an accident (it hasn't happened yet, and I am sure hoping it doesn't!!) That would sure be embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment