Friday, May 18, 2012

Flavor of the Week

This week's winner is...pineapple! I am referring to my many cravings I had had thus far in this pregnancy. A complete opposite of what I was used to when I was pregnant with Reese. I only ever had 2 cravings strike with Reese (one day I wanted hot wings, and for about a week I wanted Sour Skittles everyday.) This boy is sure testing my ability to not want to eat constantly!! Since I had so few cravings with Reese, I am shocked at how bad my body actually wants something once it gets in my head. Here are a few I have had recently:
-Last week I wanted Subway for lunch for 3 days in a row
-A few weeks back I wanted a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream every night (not good for the scale!!)
-For the past 2 days, I swear I could eat a whole pineapple at one sitting if I tried
-Early on in the pregnancy, I craved Jolly Ranchers (these also helped subside my "morning sickness")
-I have also gone through spurts where I randomly crave salads with hard boiled eggs and shredded cheese

And these are just a few. It sure doesn't make life an easier when I "have" to have it either! I'm sure there will be many more in the next 14 weeks ahead.

Tomorrow I am headed to Chicago for a girls weekend with my 3 (minus 1) best girlfriends from college. Even though most of our get-togethers are revolved around drinking and catching up with each others lives, I am still excited and have prepared myself and bought my bottle on N/A wine to take along with me so I can fit right in :) I have not seen them most of them since last July for Reese's 1st birthday, so I am super excited to get in some girl time!
I have my 26 week appointment on Monday and will post about that next week! Have a great weekend and enjoy this GORGEOUS weather!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment