Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Year

Happy February 29th! These past few weeks have been busy as usual, making my last weeks of pregnancy go a tad bit faster, but not quite fast enough ;) I'm 35 weeks and everything is looking good. Next week when I go to my appointment, they will check me to see if I'm dilating at all and give us a good idea on what baby is up to. Kyle is due to travel to Bangkok in 2 weeks (when I'm 37 weeks pregnant) so these next two appointments will be a good indicator of whether or not he can keep those travel plans. Yesterday he left for Istanbul, Turkey for the week. These are the last two trips he has on his schedule- so the month of April he will be home for sure. He also gets one week paid paternity leave, which will be a big help getting the other two off to school after baby is born. Overall I am still feeling pretty good. Besides the standard "tired, my lower is back is starting to hurt from extra weight, and I can't get comfortable to sleep at night", I've been lucky this third trimester with no complaints. I would have to say though I've been starting to have heartburn more frequently, which is something I did not experience with the other two. The old wives tale is red head babies make for heartburn, so we shall see if we get another red head!

This past weekend Kyle and I got to travel to St. Charles IL to visit all my college girl friends and their significant others for the day. I met these 4 girls at WIU on Floor 11 of our dorm in 2003, and we have been friends ever since. We try to get together around 4 times a year, and keep in touch daily through texts. I've been lucky in life to find such a great group of friends from childhood and college. We had fun catching up and it was a nice refresher from parenting duties for 48 hours ;)



We were not the only ones that had fun this weekend. The kids spent the weekend with my parents, and they got to go to the Discovery Center in Rockford on Saturday. Reese had fun telling me all about what they did/ Preston's favorite part was riding in the tractors. Here are a few pics from their day.




1 comment:

  1. Love these pics and loved our Saturday together! Can't wait to see you again! xo

    ReplyDelete