Thursday, January 22, 2015

Sanity? What's that?

This post is dedicated to a special two year old boy. Preston Lee Montgomery. Where or where to begin. This little bundle of energy is running me ragged lately! Here are a few words to describe him right now. Energetic, rambunctious, loud, stubborn, independent, wild, fast, climber, hitter, talker, crier, and last but not least, crazy. Okay, so I know there are more (like lovable, cuddly, sweet- but those aren't popping to the front of my mind right now!) I have really been struggling with this little guy lately. I'm not sure if it's just a boy, or if its just Preston. He is constantly on the move. I mean, ALL THE TIME. Here are a few examples:
-Yesterday, Preston was standing in the kitchen. I walked into the living room to turn off the lights, and when I came back he had taken off his pajamas, taken off his diaper, climbed on the counter, and was getting into the fruit bowl.
-I was making lunch a few days ago, and while I was making sandwiches, Preston had managed to pull out all of my boxes of noodles in the pantry, and proceeded to dump them all out on the floor. While I was cleaning the noodles up, he then went to the game cabinet, got out all the crayons, and dumped those all on the floor. Ok- here we go again. I cleaned up all the crayons- only to find he still had one and was coloring on the wall. UGH!
This stuff happens on a constant daily basis. Reese never did this! It's almost to the point now where he knows how to push buttons, and he knows whats right and wrong, he just wants to get a reaction. For instance, his new favorite word is "poopy" {shudder} I cringe when he says it, especially in public as we go up and down aisles at a store and he is singing "poopy, poopy, poopy" loud and laughing at the same time. This kid! He knows its a potty word and he isn't supposed to say it, but he does it to get a rise out of me- which it where I begin to ignore him in hopes he stops. Last night when I was putting him to bed, I said "what are you thankful for today Preston?" and what do you think his response was? "Poopy!" I turned and walked out- little stinker. He is now talking quite a bit, forming 4 and 5 word sentences and having "conversations" with us. I just wish those conversations didn't include the word poopy!
So, I feel like the past few weeks my sanity has flown out the window, and I am hoping will return to my house shortly. Until then, I will continue chasing around a crazy 2 1/2 year old boy, picking up messes, cleaning walls with crayon, and hearing the word poopy until he decides it isn't funny anymore. Lucky me, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment